Those who love to keep guns due to different purposes knows how useful it is to use Stream light. Your gun is the most expensive product that should be used with care and regard. People who love hunting usually keep guns or those who need protection.
If you are one of those who have guns and are looking for the tactical flashlights that serve you in the night, then you are in the right place. Let me explain to you one of the highly commendable flashlights that is long-lasting and fit for different grounds.
If you have purchased an expensive product, then why go for a cheap accessory used in it? And the same goes for guns. At night your gun lights won’t benefit you for which people use different normal flashlights. However, normal flashlights are not durable, and they won’t serve the required purpose.
If you have ever used weapon lights, you might have noticed that they not only illuminate an area; in fact, they can also blind a home invader that is dangerous during shooting. Hence for this purpose, I have come across a useful and worth purchasing Stream light TLR-1 that helps you to shoot in the night. Let’s move ahead and discuss it comprehensively.
Stream Light TLR-1 Review
Stream light TLR-1 comprises of 2 versions incorporating Normal Stream light TLR-1 and High Lumen version. By the end of this article, you will know every detail about it, including Features, Pros, and Cons.
Features of Stream light TLR-1
- The stream light TLR-1 is not an ordinary and usual light. It is a long-lasting, and powerful light that is specially designed for people who do shooting or want a gun for their safety. The brightness of Stream light TLR-1 is what makes it worth purchasing.
- Two different ways of estimating splendors are candelas and lumens. Candelas are the estimation of the intensity of a light source. The TLR-1 puts out 12,000 candelas and 300 lumens. That is a great deal of light.
- You can get the best target for the shoot with this fantastic and worth using Stream light that makes your experience extraordinary. One of the fantastic features it carries is the accessibility of every gun. You can mount this stream light almost in every gun without tools.
- Various cheap stream lights are available that doesn’t give you the brightness that is needed for the night shooting. However when you have TLD-1 why to go for such normal stream lights. You can avail of its maximum brightness according to your desire that will be helpful for the unfortunate times.
- The body of this Stream light is made of aircraft-grade aluminum, and the amazing thing is it is specially designed by keeping in view the rain or dust issues. It is waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof that enhances its importance. Moreover, it is temperature resistant. What else can anyone demand?
- It weighs 4.18 ounces and is 3.26 long, and you can likewise slow down the brightness of light whenever needed. Usually, recoil can provide harm to many guns due to the pressure that occurs due to flashlights, but in TLD, nothing can harm your expensive gadget.
Pros of Stream Light TLR-1
- The 300 lumens used in it are enriched with maximum brightness that can blind your opponent or attacker.
- The beam is specially created to light up the entire area and apart from it; it lights up the target point that helps you for an exact target.
- It is light in weight and can easily be handled even if you are a newbie.
- According to an estimate, it has a life span of 50,000 hours, which means it is durable and long-lasting.
- It serves you whatever you need. Even if the battery is low, it won’t affect its brightness. You can take full advantage of it in low battery.
Cons of Stream Light TLR-1
Apart from all the advantages, it carries a few disadvantages too that can’t go unnoticed. A few Cons of Stream light TLR-1 includes:
- The battery used in it is the main issue as it can’t proceed to more than 2 hours. You have to replace it every 2 or 2.5 hours. Sometime if you need it urgently, it won’t give any advantage if the battery is out.
- The TLR-1 is enhanced for use with a handgun. On the off chance that you need to utilize it on a rifle, you will either need to reach forward to enact the light or yet assistants to draw the switch nearer to your hands.
Streamlight TLR-1 High Lumen Kit
Though Stream light TLR-1 has all the features that one needs yet there is always room for improvement and the same is the case with the Stream light. One of the versions of Stream light TLR-1 is a High Lumen Kit that comprises extended features and make it class apart. Let’s discuss it in detail.
TLR can be further improved by entering Streamlights’ TLR-1 High Lumen, along with the Long Gun Kit. This kit transforms this stream light into a fantastic rifle or shotgun. This version of stream light makes it more powerful with advanced features and characteristics.
Now the question arises how much more powerful it is? It has a maximum of 3 times the lumens. If we talk about the features, it comprises almost the same basic elements as we discussed above with additional capabilities. Let’s proceed and discuss them along with Pros and Cons.
Features of Streamlight TLR-1 High Lumen Kit
- It comprises of the concentrated area and a broad illuminating area that lights up everything and makes the other person blind with the light. It is made of long-lasting aluminum, and 2 CR123A lithium batteries are used that enhance its brightness. Streamlight TLR-1 High Lumen Kit consists of 800 lumens.
- Like Stream light TLD, its brightness remains stable even after a low battery. It doesn’t only serve the purpose of a flashlight; it has a lot of other characteristics that make it worth purchasing. The High Lumen Kit has everything that one demands.
- The most significant characteristic it has is a remote switch that inserts into a flashlight and can be moved up anywhere. It turns on TLR-1 without even moving your hands on a gun. Mounting cuts are incorporated, so you don’t need to zip-attach the wire to your firearm.
- It also contains a strobe mode features but it is somehow for fun purpose instead of any useful usage.
- Another fantastic thing is the switch gets automatically off when you are not using it so it won’t take your battery and you will be able to pass the maximum time.
Pros of Streamlight TLR-1 High Lumen Kit
- It is more sturdy and husky as compared to Stream light TLR 1 because of having 800 lumens. 3 times multiple of Stream light TLR-1.
- The remote switch permits us to utilize the light whenever we need it. It saves the battery and gets automatically off and on as per our requirement.
- It is the most recommended light both for outdoor and indoor as it is free from any weather or room temperature.
- The kit has every essential thing that one demands in their gun.
Cons of Streamlight TLR-1 High Lumen Kit
- If it doesn’t comprise of rail, you have to spend additional money to purchase them.
- The battery issue is the same as of TLR-1, but unfortunately in TLR-1 High Lumen, it becomes even worse.
- As it is used indoors too so sometimes, the brightness can also make you blind.
How to Use Streamlight TLR-1 Flash Light?
Let’s discuss the method of its usage. Now you have purchased this light so what’s next? How to get your hands on it? Mounting a flashlight in the gun is not a complicated task as it requires only a few steps to get your work done. If you have the electric lamp excessively far back, the barrel will obstruct a portion of the light.
Best case scenario, the spotlight enlightens less of the region, making it harder to track down your target. At the very least, you’ve quite recently lit up your own weapon so that your opponent can see it without any problem. With handguns, commonly the central spot to mount the spotlight is legitimately before the trigger watchman.
Rifles regularly have rails. If you use your right hand, mount it on the right side and if you are left-handed, mount it on the left side.
You always need something to defend yourself, or sometimes you are fond of hunting, so why not keep a gun every time. For this purpose, do you use a handgun? If yes, you also need a flashlight that helps you to hit an exact target. People often use normal and ordinary stream light that doesn’t serve the same purpose.
Hence, I have mentioned one of the best lights that enlightened the entire area and help you to get the exact target. However, remember to keep batteries with you and practice on your target. The only issue that you will face is of batteries. I hope you will find this article helpful and informative.